If Only

If I said I loved you,
would your heart be able to hear the words?
although I try to distance myself
from rejection, I can't help but be drawn to you
your soul whispers secrets to mine
only the wind can tell which direction
because both are oblivious
to one each others hidden conversations.
My imagination takes precedence
over reality sometimes, because
I am overwhelmed with what could be
or what might have been, but-
I have to check myself in the end.
And when I look into our eyes,
I see the love you have inside
and I wish it was mine.
To belong to you,
maybe that's too much to require or
maybe I'm trippin.
But what's so wrong with being in love?
Why are people so afraid of it?
Love will never hurt you yes, I know, sometimes people do.
It may be a risk, but when with benefits
Do you ever feel lonely?
If so, remember me.
I'll always be here.
Let love conquer your fears.
When it knocks, let it in
and let love begin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Good Enough

Enter Not Into...

Unity