My Letter to Pac

Dear Tupac Amaru Shakur,
I was never afforded the opportunity to have met you, but yet I feel like in my heart, I have. So much I would have loved to know about you, so many questions I would have wanted to ask. The thoughts that occupied your brain, the dreams you wanted to accomplish, but you were robbed of that opportunity so prematurely. Somehow I feel like you wanted to change your life. Was it at a moment too late? I wonder if you spoke to God, repented of your sins? I often wonder what you thought about after being shot the second time. Would you have made a different decision? I imagine you still here. I wonder how different would your life would be now. Would you still be a spitting dope lyrics on the mic and stage, or on the big screen doing movies, possibly creating your own behind the scenes? Would you have settled down and fathered a few kids, who had your eyes and outgoing personality, your ambition and your brave heart? Would you still drink Hennessy? Lol. Would you be an activist for human rights, support black life matters, encourage our youth to be prosperous and to achieve their dreams? I can’t help but to wonder, if only you had a few more years to live, what sort of impact you would have had on all of us! Pac, the world hasn’t been the same since you left us. It has changed so much. I remember you saying in one of your songs, “We ain't ready to see a black president.” Well, it finally happened! Would you have been proud? You probably would have met him. I can’t help but to think sometimes, if you never went to Las Vegas that night. So many of us still mourn for you. It feels like a part of us left when you did. How can one human being have leave such an impression on the lives of those whom he's never even met? Were you a perfect man? No, but then again, none of us are. You were trying to find your place in this cruel, cold world and play the hand you were dealt in this uncertain game of life. I truly believe you would have figured it all out, if only you were given more time! My eyes are tearing up as I'm typing this. Your song “How long will They Mourn Me” begins to play at this very moment! I feel like you are speaking to me in spirit! Pac, we love you! Gone, but never forgotten from our hearts.
Eternally Yours,
Your Fan Forever

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Good Enough

Enter Not Into...

Unity