Alone In the Dark

Alone in the dark place,
My heart is broken into scattered pieces,
As I enter the darkness,
I can feel hope slowing evaporating from me,
My eyes hang low, my neck is stiff, my head feels heavy,
Slumped down in a drunken stance,
My soul dances thru the mist of the forgotten.
I know no rest, only heavily carried burdens,
Trapped in my enemy’s pit of lies,
Seeking to be rescued by an unchanging love, a gentle hand.
Yet, no one sees the forgotten,
they are lost in a sea of drowning tears and sorrow.
But, I knew from the beginning, where I'd end up,
Like an old worn out shoe, or a piece of ripped fabric,
a crumbled-up piece of paper scribbled with thoughts,
tossed away in the dumpster of lost moments.
Tomorrow looks so bleak, I cannot see what dare lie ahead of me,
Who can comfort me?
Will I perish into the depths of the forgotten ones?
When will my deliverer come?
Who then must be my anchor?
While I’m alone in the dark place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Good Enough

Enter Not Into...

Unity